What an honor! Recently, Zee from the stellar Catching Zees blog nominated me for The Liebster Award. The award is handed down by a blogger to other fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s a great way to discover new blogs and learn more about other creative writers in your community! I enjoyed reading more about how awesome Zee is and if you’re not already following her blog, you really should (click here.)
The rules for accepting the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. List 11 facts about myself
2. Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (YAY!)
3. Let them know about the nomination
4. Answer the 11 questions I was asked when nominated
5. Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer.
…and away we go!
List 11 facts about myself
1. I’m not afraid of heights, but my knees buckled for the first time when I saw the Grand Canyon.
2. I grew up watching 1980s B-horror movies with my older brothers, and as a result, I still like to give myself heart attacks and watch the scariest films.
3. When I was eight, I wrote my first movie review in my diary. It said, “‘Far And Away’ was exzylerating.'” (Yes, spelled just like that.)
4. I had a pet chicken growing up and it used to swing on the hammock in my backyard every day.
5. I lived in Wisconsin for five years, San Diego for five, Japan for one, and the rest in Los Angeles.
6. I like to put soy sauce on my sunny side up eggs for breakfast.
7. I once took a blind taste test of shitty beers (i.e. Miller, PBR, Budweiser, etc.) and found out Coors Light tasted the best, and if you start off with MGD, all beers following it will taste like MGD. The aftertaste doesn’t go away that easily.
8. I consider myself a ramen connoisseur. (Sadly, as I was typing this, I realized I had to Google how to spell “connoisseur.”)
9. I’m training for my first half-marathon in December. The most I’ve ever run is a 5K.
10. I built my first website when I was 14 on Angelfire and it was a fan club for myself with pictures of Vanilla Ice everywhere.
11. I secretly want to go to all the cities Elizabeth Gilbert went to in Eat, Pray, Love, but I feel cheesy about saying it out loud.
Nominate 11 bloggers for the award (Note: these aren’t in any particular order)
10. The Main Damie
11. Chris Barsanti
Answer the 11 questions I was asked when I was nominated
1. If you could be best friends with one fictional character, from any book, TV show, or movie, who would it be?
I would want to be friends with Sutter Keely of The Spectacular Now (book & movie).
2. What is your favorite song (at the moment)?
The New Division’s “Pride”
3. Coke or Pepsi?
4. Worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
A guy asked me to call him and gave me his real estate agent business card with his photo on front, but when he found out my profession was more on the creative side, he handed me a second business card–an artist one. (It’s not exactly a line, but it’s in the same category.)
5. Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Why?
Too hot. I’m weak when it comes to the cold and I’ve lived in California weather for 25 years, so I’m a bit spoiled.
6. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
My boyfriend knew I had a hard day at work, and I came home to a home-cooked meal, a glass of wine, and a slow dance to some Van Morrison.
7. Cheetos or Cheese Puffs?
Both. It’s hard to choose when they’re both so good. Don’t make me choose.
8. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
That I could go to all of my favorite chefs’ homes and they would give me personal lessons on cooking. That I could teleport to Tuscany in my own villa whenever I wanted. And that I had all the money in the world to just write, travel, and eat good food every day.
9. What was your favorite childhood movie?
Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead
10. Snack time or Nap time? (Sticking with the childhood theme for this).
When I was a kid, it was nap time, but now it’s always snack time. Priorities, priorities…
11. What is the funniest thing you have ever overheard?
Two people talking about the weather for 20 minutes straight. I didn’t think it would be possible to discuss such a mundane topic for so long, but they really dove straight in and then talked about the weather of every city they could think of. Best first date ever.
Ask 11 questions for the new award winners to answer
1. Would you rather be a sloth or a llama and why?
2. What was one of the most bad-ass things you did as a kid?
3. What was something you did in 2013 that made you proud?
4. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
5. If you could travel to one city tomorrow, what would it be?
6. What’s the quirkiest thing your best friend has done?
7. How addicted are you to your phone on a scale of one to ten?
8. What TV show are you obsessed with right now?
9. What’s one food item or dish that you find irresistible?
10. What’s your astrological sign and the best characteristic of it?
11. If you could put one song on repeat, what would it be?
I had a lot of fun working on this whole Liebster Award process and I can’t wait to hear what my nominees have to say about themselves. Thanks again to Catching Zees for the nomination! You sure know how to make a girl feel special.